Saturday, December 03, 2005

Appreciative Inquiry Exercise

Felt most peak experience or high point in professional life, most engaged, alive, and proud of yourself and your work.

Two times, when I was a teacher for the Priory School for girls. I enjoyed working with and a position to empower girls. Created engaging and intergrated curriculum. Has a close team of teachers to work with (mostly). Felt respected with my knowledge.

Most value about myself and way I do my work. I value my creativity, knowledge of technology, compassion. I enjoy allowing students to share their knowledge on the subject. I have a gift of problem solving. I also troubleshoot well and think of ways to “cut corners” to get the job done. i like to network with families, make them feel like my family and get them connected with others. I value the ability to be ingenious with cutting edge technology. Team /co-workers I like it that we can share anything. We have a struggle and they’ll help me through it/vice-versa. I know I can count on a team-member to get something done if I ask. We are close and share events (personal).

Most value of organization…it serves homeschoolers and alternative option for those who don’t want to or cannot make it in a brick and mortar school. It allows students of all differences to work at their own pace and start where they are at.

Core factors that give life to organizations when it at its best…flexability, commitment to each other (time, answers, support),

Magic wand- 3 wishes to heighten health and vitality –
Allow the teachers, parents, and students to have input in the school in all areas
Strengthen support networks and teams…not ignore problems or pass them off as “just deal with it). Discipline parents and remove them from school when they aren’t appropriate or aren’t in it for the best interest for their kids.

No comments: